Consultant (Media Specialist) - Job Description
R3 is a leading global, regional and local consultancy group, focused on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of marketers and their agencies. We enable our clients to get the competitive edge and a better return on investment from agencies, media and marketing spend. With over 100 people in the US, Asia, EMEA and LATAM, we work with nine of the world’s top twenty marketers including Unilever, Samsung, Coca-Cola, Mastercard, Colgate, Procter & Gamble, BMW, Intel and Shell.
This role is to be a Consultant, based in Singapore.
The role is not just a Singapore role, but a global one. The right person needs to support us across multiple markets and multiple disciplines. This person would be one of two consultants who are specialists in media and media agencies in Singapore. We have a total headcount of 15 spanning functions such as generalist marketing consultants, finance consultants, auditors and business development.
The role reports to Greg and Shufen, the business owners.
We continue to reward our best people and expand our business. For the right candidate, they could expect to dramatically grow their team and their skillset. After five years, such a senior person should also get the potential for more profit sharing and equity in the firm.
- Play a key role in Best Practice for media and media agency management
- Lead, execute and supervise consulting work from the company. This means a client interface, as well as internal management and direction
- 70% of the work would be Asia projects; 30% would be working on global assignments
- This could include some regular projects such as:
- Ongoing local consulting projects for Singapore Airlines, Singtel, Health Promotion Board, Economic Development Board, Sentosa Development Corporation, and others based in Singapore
- Global assignments for R3 – including potentially Fonterra, Samsung, Huawei, Telenor and others
- Supporting Singapore Business Development – connecting with senior marketers to share our research, insights and case studies
- In addition, around half the time will be on ad hoc projects such as Agency Pitch Management, Media Auditing and increasingly more marketing measurement projects
- Build and train a team to improve and grow and expand in the area of digital marketing. All our team have a mixture of experience, but great energy to grow and learn. This includes:
- Imparting knowledge of digital and performance marketing - strategy, measurement (metrics and tools), related adtech platforms, cost and quality control, etc
- Manage internal and freelance resources on Consumer and Competitive Research driven projects for clients across categories and markets. This will require knowledge and use of tools used to gather data for consumer insights and competitive research.
- Support our expansion into ROI measurement and manage the analytical and financial skills to help us deliver work
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have experience on the client side or agency side of marketing, preferably both, and around 6-10 years of working experience. They cannot be new to Asia, they must know this market, people and working approach. It’s crucial the candidate has a regional / global mindset. Some education or work experience outside of Asia will be an asset.
We’re quite open on past experience Client Side, Advertising, Digital, PR, Research or Media Agencies. The ability to manage and grow clients will be crucial
Fundamentally, add to the culture, not change it. Although we work with the world’s largest companies, R3 is very different from a large agency or consultancy – we maintain more of a ‘family’ feel with extensive collaboration, partnership and no politics.
We take pride in what we have achieved, and humility in how we can better ourselves. We welcome ideas and opinions from all levels and it is this accessibility and open culture that we want to build the company on, regardless of geography.
For us, it’s more important to have people who fit the culture than go out and hire rocket scientists who don’t.
Finally, there is no company in the marketing sector that puts a higher value on integrity and honesty. We handle highly confidential information from marketers and agencies, media cost benchmarks and sales information. This person must be beyond reproach.
COMPENSATION & OTHER BENEFITS
We are flexible on this entirely based on the working experience and capability of the candidate. We aim to pay competitive compensation to our staff.
Our current turnover rate at the senior level is below 10%.
Every week, we have a Sharing Session across different teams.
Every three month, our whole team does something fun together for an evening.
R3 conducts detailed six monthly 360 degrees evaluations and pays generous bonuses with both the company and individual has performed well. Alongside these evaluations, we agree and align on three things we want each individual to focus on for the following half of the year, and three things R3 will do in return for that person.
Every year, our whole team does something fun together for three days – past trips include Hanoi, Shanghai and Bangkok.
Every three, six and nine years of service, we have specific rewards for those who stay with us.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org